Saturday, 8 August 2026

Writing deserved spankings (non-story)

Unfortunately, I still have little time for writing stories, but decided to at least upload something.
 
One of the rules I write by is that punishments should feel earned. I occasionally read a story or see a captioned image and think "That spanking is an overreaction." Obviously, this only applies to punishment spankings - fun spankings never need a reason, and unfairness can sometimes make them even more fun. In some stories, the unfairness is meant to be the point, where we sympathize because the spankee suffers something undeserved, but often, the author is just stricter than I am, or not worried about the fairness.
 
One common theme is a maid that is spanked for dropping a plate while washing up, or smashing a vase while dusting. That's just an accident that could happen to anyone, and should not earn her a punishment. But if I wanted to write a story like that, how would I do it?
I can think of several small changes that would make it more appealing to me:  
  • The maid is holding a secret, unauthorized party in her employers' home, and smashes a plate while washing up afterwards. The employer asks why she was washing up, and she accidentally lets it slip. She is not punished for dropping the plate, but for inviting her friends into someone else's home without permission.
  • The maid drops a plate and decides to try to glue it together to hide it. The poorly glued plate is discovered during a dinner party with their neighbours or in-laws, causing some small social embarrassment for her employers. If she'd just admitted that the plate was broken, instead of trying to hide it, she wouldn't have been punished.
  • The maid is told that she is too clumsy to handle the washing up, and that someone else will take care of it while she dusts. She is indignant and eager to prove them wrong - with disastrous results. She is punished for disobeying orders, not for her clumsiness.
  • The maid doesn't deserve a spanking for dropping the plate, but the mistress of the house punishes her anyway, because she likes to hear the girl squeal and whimper. The master learns about it, and spanks his wife in front of the gleeful maid.
  • The spanking is not a punishment at all.
A young maid approaches her employer while fluttering her eyelashes. "Master, I broke a plate while washing up!"
He barely glances up from his newspaper. "OK, thanks for telling me."
She continues fluttering. "But that was very careless of me! I really should be punished."
"Accidents happen," he replies, still focused on the paper. "Don't worry about it."
"But I DO worry about it,"she says, fluttering even harder. "I really should be taken across your lap and have my cute little tushy bared and spanked!"
He finally looks at her. "You know, on second thought..."
 
In most of my stories, spankees are punished for doing something they were told not to do (or not doing something they were told to do), or for deceit, not for something that was out of their control. A little voice told them it was wrong, and they told it to shut up.

What do my readers think? Do you worry about whether a spanking in a story is deserved? Or maybe you actually prefer undeserved spankings?

Hopefully, stories will resume next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writing deserved spankings (non-story)

Unfortunately, I still have little time for writing stories, but decided to at least upload something.   One of the rules I write by is that...