Saturday 29 April 2023

Month-long break

For a while, my routine has been "write one story per week, let it rest for at least a week, then edit it an upload it during the weekend." This is to give myself time to think about a story I've written, remove things that aren't necessary, add things that are missing, and rewrite those bits that don't quite work. There are some weeks where personal stuff means I haven't had time to write a story, so I've grabbed one from the buffer.
 
However, due to a busy spring, my backlog is now spent, which means that for the past few weeks, I haven't spent as much time editing as I would like, and I don't like to upload stories where I feel I could have done better.

I could change to a "upload when it's ready" policy, but having a once-a-week upload gives me an incentive to work on it.

I'm therefore taking a month's break from uploading, which I'll use to create a buffer. The next story will be uploaded the first weekend of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The new butler (M/FF story)

Lady Lenora smiled at me at I sat down in her office. The slim, red-headed noblewoman was only in her mid-twenties, but she had a powerful, ...